I bought this Sokani UHF Wireless Lavalier transmitter set after reading a number of positive reviews presenting it as a cheaper alternative to the similar Rode Wireless Go. I am experiencing intermittent and random sound glitches. I’m sharing my experiences in hopes to find out if other owners have experienced similar issues.
I contacted Amazon and they send me another unit and it too has the same sound drop-off glitch. With two identical units, I proceeded to rule out the cables and mic as the causes through a process of elimination. But in the end, I believe that BOTH units sent are defective. Asll the more reason to stay away from this brand.
PRODUCT LINK https://amzn.to/3nT3nYu
ATTEMPTS TO TROUBLESHOOT
• I fully charged both units before using them.
• I used the default Gain that was set on the units the first time I used them.
• The transmitter and the receiver were never more than 4m away from each-other while recording.
• I used the lav mics included in the set and also tried another brand of lav mic.
• I tested the lav mics directly connected to my camera but did not experience any drop out.
• I tried yelling directly into the mics but the sound did not cut off so the drop-out is not Peak triggered.